To address potential GDPR compliance and security concerns associated with loading Google fonts from their server, it is recommended to take the following steps in Divi. For more detailed information on this topic, refer to the link provided: https://www.consentmagic.com/google-fonts-and-gdpr.
- Disabling Google Fonts in Divi Theme Options:
- Access the Divi theme options area.
- Locate the option to disable Google fonts.
- By disabling this feature, the default browser font set in the user’s preferences (usually Arial) will be loaded instead.
- Using Google Fonts Locally:
- Visit the following URL: https://gwfh.mranftl.com/fonts/.
- Select the desired font from the options on the left.
- Choose the specific font styles or weights you wish to use.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the download buttons to save the font files to your computer.
- Implementing the Local Fonts in Divi:
- Navigate to any page on your website and access the Divi Visual Builder.
- Open the settings panel of a text module (or any module that allows text customization) and switch to the Design tab.
- Expand the Text options by toggling the Text tab.
- Within the Text Font dropdown menu, click the Upload button.
- Assign a name to the font (any name of your choice).
- Click the Choose Font Files button and select the downloaded font files.
Pro Tip: For unique font names, upload them individually. Alternatively, you can upload multiple files together, and they will be automatically named.
- Save the changes made to the text module and the entire page.
- Refresh the visual builder page, and you will now find your newly added fonts available for use in all Divi modules.
- Applying the New Fonts Globally:
- The newly added fonts will also be accessible in the Divi Theme Customizer section, allowing you to define them globally for header and body text areas.
- Verifying Font Usage:
- To confirm that no Google fonts are being loaded on your site, you can check the following URL: https://fontsplugin.com/google-fonts-checker/
By following these steps, you can successfully remove or replace Google fonts in Divi, ensuring compliance with GDPR regulations and enhancing the security of your website.
NOTE: I would like to mention that the method described above has been successfully implemented on the website you are currently viewing. By following the steps provided, Google fonts have been removed or replaced in Divi, addressing GDPR compliance and security concerns.